Today, there are more than 82 million WordPress sites globally. From The New York Times to The White House to countless businesses of all sizes, all rely on WordPress to power their digital presence.
There is a good chance that your favorite websites run on WordPress too! Don’t believe me? Click here to visit the WordPress websites showcase.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) that allows you to build a website and publish content that you want to share with your customers, friends, readers, etcetera.
So why should you use WordPress to build your website?
- WordPress is truly a free & open-source sofware – The platform is free, and it’s an open-source software which means you can use it for any type of project you want, be it commercial or otherwise. The open-source nature of WordPress is also one of the primary reasons there’s a massive community of developers creating new tools for it.
- WordPress requires you to know zero coding – The number one reason people shy away from creating websites on their own is because of the enormous coding that it requires. Not all of us are good at programming, and we need not be too. WordPress offers non-coders the perfect solution to create a website with zero coding knowledge.
- Endless design possibilities – If you’re new to WordPress, you may not be familiar with the concept of plugins and themes. Let’s break down what both of them are: Themes: These are templates that determine the look and feel of your website. Plugins: These add new features and functionality to your site. And with WordPress, you have thousands of plugins and themes (both free and premium) at your disposal.
- WordPress can power all types of projects – You might have heard that WordPress is a blogging platform. That’s technically true, but being a CMS means you can also use it for all sorts of projects. For example, you can use WordPress to grow your business, build virtual classrooms, create forums, run social media platforms, or power pretty much any other type of project you can imagine.
- WordPress is SEO ready and friendly – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is all about making sure your website gets the traffic it deserves from Google, Bing, etc. There are a lot of things you can do to work on your site’s SEO. However, depending on which platform you use, optimizing your content for search engine results can either be simple or challenging. With WordPress, you get access to many powerful SEO plugins, such as Yoast SEO, Rank Math, and more.
- WordPress is secure – Contrary to popular beliefs, it is as safe as your smartphone is. No CMS or website is 100% secure because security threats are constantly popping up, so it’s essential to use a platform that takes online safety seriously. If you have a tight budget, the single best thing you can do is make sure your WordPress website is always up to date. That includes the WordPress core itself and any additional components you use, such as themes and plugins.
- WordPress is perfect for blogging – for all the above reasons and more.
- WordPress is powered by an amazing community of people, thousands of people from all over the world, willingly and selflessly volunteering their time and resources to make WordPress awesome!
Seriously speaking there are countless reasons why you should use WordPress; these are only a few. Got questions or thoughts? Comment below or contact us right away.